Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technologist
    I have many ideas to try, but family calls, and it may not be until Monday night. I also have a possible idea for some hardware/controller replacement, I think it would be under about $150 (including a new BBB).

Technologist
    I'm thinking longer term I will need a new BBB to do any dev. I'm moving files from the main partion the SSD because it's so poorly partitioned (the main root is very small and I just filled it up trying to get dev tools install).

I'm in! You may want to go into more detail for editing the passwd, shadow and sudoers files as some may not be used to manually editing or may not know how too. Also, backing up the files before editing is probably a good idea. Thanks again! I look forward to seeing what you do next.

Technologist
    Cool, let me know if you find anything. I built the galvostep, pru0, pru1 code and tried running it unsuccessfully. I haven't looked into it much more,

Technologist
    Been busier than I'd have liked, but making slow progress. I started on the process to dissemble the PRU binaries. I added my code to github. I wrote it and validated it, I didn't archive/record any of the disassembled code yet.

Technologist
    Also, from what I've been able to tell, at any point if they (FSL) rolls out an update they could easily wipe anything we've put on here, I'm planning on ordering a second BBB and putting as much from this board onto it (probably the git repo) and working off that in the near future.

I should validate I haven't broken anything first, but the second board will be good because I'll be sure none of the FSL software running/active on the system is interfering with what I try to do.

Technologist
    Oh, I didn't want to put TOO much info in there, because I don't want someone at this point to try to hack it that doesn't have any clue what they are doing and screw it up. If you don't know how to manually edit a passwd/sudoer/shadow file you should probably hold off until we have something better. I'm working on identifying pins, sadly I've been unable to control any of them with the code I wrote. I'm not sure if it is due to software already running or not. I will have my second BBB on Wednesday and will bring it up with the Pegasus Cape. I might also try to bring the printer over to my 'scope and probe around a bit.

Technologist
    I've been researching and believe I'll be using my scope to understand how the galvo's work, then once I receive my development BBB I'll start coding test routines in Python. After that I've been looking into BeagleG as a gcode translator/controller. I think it'll work with the existing hardware (it will be a users idea if they want to replace the BBB or keep the old one).

Technologist
    Here's a video I took of it printing a few layers: youtube link

Technologist
    Here is my first cube.https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hJMjVjU3pleHRB

Quite a bit over exposure
    Last edited by doobie; 02-23-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast