Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What's your Longest Print Ever?

I'm just curious what is the longest time you have had a single print going for? Is it OK to have one going for over 14 hours?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    I think our longest so far has been about 10 hours. There is no reason not to have one going for 14 hours, you just need to keep the build environment homogenous (temperature wise), especially when building with heated materials (like filaments).

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't want 14 hours of ABS fumes in my work area, so consider ventilation and/or filtration if you are using material with undesirable fumes.

Engineer
    I think mine has been around 16 hours. I do know of one person on another forum that has a very large printer that has done prints just over 100 hours

Well for me around 12-14 hours, But it was PLA so there it wasnt like the whole room smelled like plastic.

Also at the end it simple quitted since my PC had a blue screen.
    It was one of the first prints i did with octoprint, normaly i would have used my SD card and plug it in my ramps screen for such prints.

Apart from part sheets for reprap printers this has been my longest print, think it was around 8 hours.

IMG_0252.jpg

Engineer
    thats a cool bearing. is it on thingiverse? got a link?

Student
    Two prints of about 16hrs that I glued together on a MM 1.5

8 hours and it failed at around 90%!!
    Filament jammed up!!

I've done one that took 14 hours. It was a long process watching it almost the entire time LOL.

I've heard of some that have gone over 20 hours. There should be no problems if you are using a descent printer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast