Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Are Custom 3D Printed Breast Implants Coming soon?

Picsima technology, the brainchild of innovators at Fripp Design Research in the UK, was on display this week at 3D Printshow London, as event goers were able to see some of the first samples of 3D printed breast implants. The Picsima technology allows 3D printing with medical-grade silicone, which upon full development and release should offer relief to many women who will have customized 3D printed breast implants that are created during the surgical process, meaning less time on the operating table under anesthesia--and a better look overall. Check out more details about Picsima in the full article: http://3dprint.com/67111/picsima-3d-prints-silicone/
    Below is a photo of a breast implant produced via Picsima:

Wow, this really looks cool. Can they be used to replacing conventional implants? It's just so weird. As far as I know, the implants that doctors use are made of special materials that will not harm the boobs in any way. And those that are made by you have some kind of protection? So they won't hurt my boobs? I'm just thinking of getting a breast augmentation here https://www.seattleplasticsurgery.co...eattle-tacoma/. And I wouldn't want to put this kind of implants ( which you did) in my boobs .
    Last edited by AndrewAve; 09-21-2020 at 02:53 AM.

s just so weird. As far as I know, the implants that doctors use are made of special materials that will not harm the boobs in any way