I'm new to 3D printing but was intrigued enough by the carbon fiber capability (not chopped CF) when I saw it at SME's RAPID show last month that I ordered one. Amazingly (to what I was told up front), it will be here tomorrow.

In noting that there are only two (2) current threads on the Mark One, seems I'm getting in on the ground floor. Which means I'm expecting to feel much like a beta tester very soon. Ouch!

In reading this particular thread, I'm surprised that folks are commenting here - rather than on Eiger. Having not yet received my machine, I've been pushing on the sales side to provide info on MF's support for new users. Everything comes back to Eiger. So...are you folks up on Eiger? If not, why? If yes, what's there in the way of docs and tutorials?

I'm particularly interested in instruction on CF layup procedures and embedding components. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around how the printer deals with shapes that get larger as you go up in Z - think of a small sphere. How does the nozzle get "under" the shape once the shape is placed, especially an embedded shape that is substantially taller than the gap between the last full layer and required height of the nozzle?

Guess I'll start finding out come tomorrow and this weekend. Brave new world...