Close

Negative 3D Printing Experiences?

I know there are a million great reasons to purchase and use a 3d printer. However, I'm sure there are man people who have had less then stellar experiences when purchasing or using a 3d printer. Would any of you guys care to share what they may have been?

What are some negative points of 3d printing?

My number one complaint would have to be the PRICE.

A good 3D printer will cost upwards of $1000 by the time you are done with everything you need.

On top of this, it's not as cheap as purchasing ink refills for your at home regular printer. The Filament (3d printer ink - the plastic stuff) costs about $45 per 2 lbs. This can add up very quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dman View Post
    My number one complaint would have to be the PRICE.

A good 3D printer will cost upwards of $1000 by the time you are done with everything you need.

On top of this, it's not as cheap as purchasing ink refills for your at home regular printer. The Filament (3d printer ink - the plastic stuff) costs about $45 per 2 lbs. This can add up very quickly!
    How can you complain about the price? It's to be expected. I remember when 2D printers went mainstream years ago, they were priced at a lot higher than most 3D printers are priced at today.