Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by chadmart View Post
    I got my "Ready to ship" email today. I think it was really awesome that they let me modify my order if I like, and I went ahead and swapped all of my ABS for PLA. I kept one roll of ABS, just to try both out. I figure if I have something that I want to mold, then I will have ABS which I can acetone smooth before molding.
    I'm not sure because of the whole non-heated bed, but my stock at home is like 20 spool's of various ABS, and like 2 or 3 of PLA. I don't print with the PLA much, plus like you stated earlier, those smooth ABS print's after the acetone bath completely make it look not printed.

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they are selling ABS spools at all. If you really have to print in ABS, better to look elsewhere.

But, for those just fooling around and making fun stuff, this printer is working out really well. The new models are working great, and they are catching up to the KS commitments. Except for some of the housing colors that won;t injection mold so well. orange users, you are out of luck for months at least.

Too bad that I haven't got my "Ready to ship" email yet......

Quote Originally Posted by chadmart View Post
    I got my "Ready to ship" email today. I think it was really awesome that they let me modify my order if I like, and I went ahead and swapped all of my ABS for PLA. I kept one roll of ABS, just to try both out. I figure if I have something that I want to mold, then I will have ABS which I can acetone smooth before molding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12