Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

zcorp 450

hi we have a problem with the z corp 450. it dos not print with black colors. the black is replaced by pink.any help? thanks

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdelhakim View Post
    hi we have a problem with the z corp 450. it dos not print with black colors. the black is replaced by pink.any help? thanks
    Have you ruled out a non-feeding line? If an air bubble has formed in the tube, it can often prevent the binder from flowing. There could also be an issue with the printhead; sometimes the output channels get clogged with powder and stop emitting.

Andrew Werby
    Juxtamorph.com

Student
    I'm curious how much use old Z-corp machines are still getting these days??

I own a Z510 that hasn't had any use in a while. Its funny, however, because it seems like the powder-based systems are making a comeback what with the new HP line of machines.

I have not done much search, but I wonder if ZCorp machines can be reconfigured to making "green" parts for metal 3D printing - again, not too dissimilar to how the metal HP printers work.

Anyways, curious what others think about the ZCorp line. If its worth holding onto, if there are (or could be) any hacks to make it more relevant in today's market.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    I'm curious how much use old Z-corp machines are still getting these days??

I own a Z510 that hasn't had any use in a while. Its funny, however, because it seems like the powder-based systems are making a comeback what with the new HP line of machines.

I have not done much search, but I wonder if ZCorp machines can be reconfigured to making "green" parts for metal 3D printing - again, not too dissimilar to how the metal HP printers work.

Anyways, curious what others think about the ZCorp line. If its worth holding onto, if there are (or could be) any hacks to make it more relevant in today's market.
    [That's an interesting idea. There is a system that uses stainless steel powder to make "green" forms which are later sintered in a kiln and infused with bronze to produce solid metal objects: https://www.exone.com/en-US/3D-print...al-3d-printers

I'm not sure what it would take to do this in a Zcorp machine, or if it's even possible. But there was a system that Zcorp offered in the past, where the machine was used to print a mold in some kind of refractory powder, into which a low-melting-point metal like zinc was poured. The challenge with this system was adequately removing the excess powder that filled the mold cavity, but it shouldn't be too hard to implement for molds with 2 or more parts.

Andrew Werby
    Juxtamorph.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12