Close

Student

burning smell after unclogging nozzle Replicator2

Hello 3D Printing fans mate,

My makerbot nozzle was clogged so I unscrewed it and put it in the oven and I managed to clean all the PLA out. While unscrewing it, the rest of the extruder was moving too and I couldn't keep it from moving and since we are supposed to unscrew the nozzle when it's hot, the metal part of the extruder touched some plastic parts of my printer and melted them, I managed to prevent too much melting and rotating it back to the original position but now that nozzle is back into place and apparently no hot part is touching the plastic, still I can smell plastic burning when I heat the extruder even without filament in, I feel the smell, it's hard to see what's touching what, I separated the step motor but still I can smell. I turn it off and I don't use it. Can you please guide me how I can diagnose what is burning?

Thank you,
    Azadeh

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Make sure you didn't knock a wire loose and have a electrical short. Then reassemble it again, look for burnt spots when it's apart, and don't touch anything that gets hot to anything that shouldn't.