Close

Engineer

Mojo DeskJet 3D printer - Stratasys

Here is yet another 3D printer announcement. The parent company of Makerbot, who happened to release 3 new printers at the Consumer Electronics Show 2 weeks ago, Stratasys, has announced a new professional printer that is not under the Makerbot brand name.

Behold the Mojo Decktop 3D Printer from Stratasys:

The Printer is small enough to easily fit on a desk, but bares the quality of a large 3D printer you would see in a warehouse of a manufacturing company. The Printer will come with printing materials, all the software needed to run, Mojo Print Wizard, and WaveWash 55 support removal system.

Here are the Specs of this printer:

Model material:
    ABSplus in ivory, white, blue, fluorescent yellow, black, red, nectarine, olive green or gray

Support material:
    SR-30 soluble

Maximum part size:
    12.7 x 12.7 x 12.7 cm (5 x 5 x 5 in.)

Layer thickness:
    0.178 mm (0.007 in.)

Workstation compatibility:
    Windows XP/Windows 7

Size and weight:
    63 x 45 x 53 cm, (25 x 18 x 21 in.); 27 kg (60 lbs.)

Power requirements:
    100-127 VAC, 6A, 60 Hz or 220-240 VAC, 2.5A, 50 Hz

Regulatory compliance:
    CE/TUV/KCC/RoHS/WEEE

Special facility requirements:
    None

For more about this printer check out this link: http://www.stratasys.com/3D-Printers/idea-series/mojo#software

Banned
    Do you have any idea what the price of this printer is? You say it is a professional printer, but it is a desktop printer that would look awful nice on my desk. I'm guessing it's pretty pricey. Anyone know for sure?

Maggie, it's priced well out of most of our ranges It's $9,900. Stratasys does offer a $185/month leading option though which seems a bit low to me.

Here is a video of this beast in action
    Last edited by frederick78; 01-23-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Mojo uses QuickPack Print Engines, which contain and deliver the model and support materials to build your 3D printed parts. With every material change, the Mojo Print Engine provides a fresh print head to ensure optimum part quality. It’s a cinch to load the snap-in Print Engine quickly — much like the ink cartridge on a home document HP Deskjet printer.

So Makerbot no longer Makerbots and have become an assembly line for Stratasys...

Not surprised. I bet Stratasys rue the day they bought Makerbot...
    Last edited by Sebastian Finke; 11-30-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
    Do you have any idea what the price of this printer is? You say it is a professional printer, but it is a desktop printer that would look awful nice on my desk. I'm guessing it's pretty pricey. Anyone know for sure?
    It's $7,000 USD. That also includes a ultrasonic cleaner to remove support structure and some startup materials.

https://www.amazon.com/Mojo-Professi...ojo+3d+printer
    Last edited by Todd-67; 11-29-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you can do so much better for that kind of money.
    check out the leapfrog bolt. That's my printer of the year for under $10,000: https://www.lpfrg.com/en/bolt/
    big, beautiful, industrial grade materials, all metal hotends up to 360c, dual independant printheads, fully enclosed all the decorative bells and whistles: webcam, wifi etc - but not at the cost of the machine. My favourite printer from tct this year.
    Drop a slab of printbite on it and it'd be damn near perfect. I did mention this to the leapfrog guy - so might be a future add-on :-)
    Currently it's probably the best fdm printer on the planet for under £5000
    first thing I'd buy if I bought a ticket and won the lottery :-)