Close

MakerBot Mobile 2.1 is Here

MakerBot is taking care of business and keeping their users operating from their smartphones in style—and offering major convenience—with the latest upgrade, MakerBot Mobile 2.1. With this latest update, users have more control over their printers, can enable and disable monitoring remotely, as well as find more information for preferences in cloud services and firmware. Further details on this MakerBot Mobile update can be found here: http://3dprint.com/64011/makerbot-mobile-2-1/

Let us know if you have downloaded the updates and what you thought.

I have never gotten Makerbot Mobile to connect to printer via celluar. (Makerbot MINI).

I have all the settings in Marketbot Desktop set properly, but it never finds the printer.

Does it require a specific port to be NATTED. I can see that the conveyor software uses port 9999 and natting that allows me to connect (almost) via external IP to 9999 directly, but I dont think this was the method Mobile was supposed to use?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    would you really want something as unreliable as a 5th gen being run remotely with nobody to scream: 'Crap it's done it again !' while they leap across their office to shut it down :-)

Well, I have the makerbot plugged into a managed powerbar (AP7900) so I can remotely turn if off etc, but I understand the sentiment.
    Its not really so much that its necessary, it just bothers me that I cant get it working! In a way, I just want to confirm that someone in the world has it working.