Close

How to Keep Your 3D Prints Pristine During The Print Process

New Instructables contributor “DeStulp” has come up with an easy fix for preventing dust and dirt from clogging up your 3D printer and getting tiny debris into your otherwise perfect 3D printed objects. It’s a Filament Cleaner that uses basic materials--a clothespin and a kitchen wipe. You can make it in about 5 minutes and the only tool you will need is a sharp knife or a pair of scissors. Read about just how easy this quick project is: http://3dprint.com/62830/easy-filament-cleaner/

Below is a photo of the DIY Filament Cleaner in action on a 3D printer:

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    a fix for a problem I've enver had.
    Guess if your printer is in an industrial setting dust would be an issue.

Quite a neat fix :-)

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    a fix for a problem I've enver had.
    Guess if your printer is in an industrial setting dust would be an issue.

Quite a neat fix :-)
    I agree. I've heard of people doing this before but it seems like a solution looking for a problem. Do these people just live in pure filth that all this "debris" is entering the system?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    My workspace is in a garage/barn, which is also used as a woodworking and metal fab shop. So Dust is an issue. One Major advantage of the Davinci proprietary cartridges though, is everthing is fully enclosed, so I don't have an issue with dust inside the print space or on the filament. Though, when I do start using third party filaments, This will be a must do.

Brian, was this posted on the Facebook page? I think I saw it flash by my feed this morning, I thought it was a good simple solution.