Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Engineer
    i print at .15mm layers and i make mine 5 layers or so thick. thats .75

.4mm thick and 115C bed temperature. Result: The edges turned up like the toes on a Alladin's slippers.
    Tomorrow I'm going to the hardware shop to get some square aluminium tubing to make a fully enclosed cabinet for my printer to see if that will keep the temperatures correct.

OME
    Last edited by old man emu; 01-27-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Engineer
    ome, if your having that kind of trouble then your printing on the wrong surface for the type of plastic. i dont remember if you said what plastic type you were using and what the bed was that you were printing on??

OME: When you are complete fixing up for printer, can you post up some pics?
    I have just had my i2 returned back to me and I'm going to be encasing this into perspex along the threaded rod to keep heat in.

THAT'S AN AWESOME IDEA!

Warping is my worst obstacle in printing. (ABS, Prusa i2 & steel nozzle, hotbed)
    It seems like smart solution.
    Thank you for ingenious invention !
    Davopads forever

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    I'm happy if it's helping some folks.

Did I mention that we also use Aqua Net hairspray (for ABS)? Warm the bed, give a light dusting with Aqua Net, let it set up, print away.

After a bunch of prints, you'll have some buildup, but it's water soluble, so just wash it off and start over.

-Davo

Student
    If printing in PLA, I would also suggest lowering the extruder temperature. Printing PLA you would want to lower to extruder temperature to about 215 degrees. I would also suggest printing without the heated build plate on. If you’re not already, I suggest that you cover the plate with some blue painter's tape. Often the blue painter's tape helps the PLA to stick to the platform while also making the print easier to pull off when completed. After putting the tape down, it helps to clean the surface with rubbing alcohol, as PLA will stick to anything except for the oils left behind by your fingers. Lastly, PLA works better with more planar, simple prints and in some instances it helps to use an external fan to cool down the filament slightly as it prints to help it solidify.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123