Close

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    work out at £350 in the uk.

These are hands down the best value for money printer around at the moment.
    Just need to see some prints from them :-)

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    work out at £350 in the uk.

These are hands down the best value for money printer around at the moment.
    Just need to see some prints from them :-)
    Touche...

Quote Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
    375? What!!?? Thats giving it away.
    They kinda were, I think that was a preliminary at-cost price. I am kicking myself for not ordering one sooner, literally overnight on the day I was considering ordering one the price has gone up to $430

I may have spoken too soon on my previous excitement about this printer. I've cross-posted this to Google Groups, but thought maybe someone here may have a repair solution, in case Wanhao doesn't come through.

My unit printed fantastically for a couple days, but now it doesn't seem to be able to heat up the extruder reliably. When I tell the machine to heat to PLA temperature, or load a GCode file, the temperature does nothing. It just sits at room temperature, and heats up a few degrees (to maybe 30 or so) from the radiated heat it absorbs from the hotbed. Then, if I play around with the cables, it will randomly start heating up. Sometimes (as in the attached video), it will heat ALL the way up to extrusion temperature. However, if I start actually printing something, it will immediately fall back down again, eventually back to room temperature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv4X3aZnNdw

I've contacted Wanhao, and they were initially fairly responsive, asking for more photographs. I provided more photos, but haven't heard back from them yet.

As a side note, I've also noticed that my unit is missing the vertical "CNC drag chain", and instead they've just wrapped the wires in something less protective. I'm wondering if that indicates that they had a problem with the wiring on my unit, played around with it, thought it was fixed, and then shipped (without replacing the drag chain).

What site did you buy it from?

Student
    Hello everyone. I have one on order as well. Paid the $375 price for it. I look forward to being a part of this community, and sharing experiences with our new machines. So far I have no indication that my machine has shipped, and it was ordered via the WanHao USA website. If anyone is in the Phoenix area and is part of any groups please let me know.
    Tom
    Last edited by TeamTEOR; 06-19-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    Mine is here. I'm incredibly impressed.
    Do you mind giving us a hint about when you placed your order? Maybe I can get an idea how far back in line I am for shipment.

Student
    Just got notification that my printer has been shipped!

Student
    I should be getting the printer today! Things here are so quiet, I am hoping that there has been very little to discuss as the printer is in good shape. I'll snap pictures of it as I unbox it.

Student
    5992.jpg
    It is here, I am still at work, but will unbox it later tonight.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast