Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Wanhao Duplicator I3 3D Printer

Miami-based firm, Wanhao USA has just introduced an incredibly affordable, yet very robust 3D printer. Priced at $375, the Wanhao Duplicator I3 has a decent build envelope, a sturdy all-steel frame, and a relatively high quality extruder in the MK10. The printer is available for pre-order and is priced at an incredible price for a limited time. More details on this new machine can be found here: http://3dprint.com/62585/wanhao-usa-duplicator-i3/ Below are a few of the specs for the Duplicator I3:

• Build Volume: 200 x 200 x 180mm
    • Layer Height: 0.1mm
    • Filament: PLA, ABS at 1.75mm

Below are some images of this printer. Let us know what you think and if you have tried one out:

Technician
    Add Wes@MachWax on Facebook
    Just to be clear, Wanhao is based in China. The Miami address is a hub they ship certain things from. On their forums, I have heard people mention that the Miami address is someone's house. I cannot find it to verify though.

That aside, this seems like a VERY good value for the list price.

since when wanhao is Miami based and has something to do with Rhino?

Very interested in this, I just don't wan a get burned like I did on the solidoodle press. This machine looks good but wish there was more info, do you guys think this will be worth it? I currently habe a second gen Cube Printer and it works pretty great but I was bigger build size and not have to use proprietary cartridges. Thanks

Technologist
    Follow wendy On Twitter Add wendy on Facebook Add wendy on Google+
    It looks great!
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-28-2015 at 12:10 PM.

The first ones should be getting to the doorsteps this week!

Did you receive an email confirming this?

Quote Originally Posted by lingodan View Post
    The first ones should be getting to the doorsteps this week!

Mine is here. I'm incredibly impressed. I have very little frame of reference though, since I only have one other printer. However, this seems very solid in construction and it was basically ready to go right out of the box (8 screws to attach in total, and it even comes with the hex wrenches to do so - kind of like Ikea furniture!). Honestly, it blows my mind that this was available for the price I paid. This is a heavy, rigid, printer. Very little plastic to be found anywhere.

I haven't even hooked it up to a PC yet, I've just been printing from SD cards (I like the concept of saving the GCode to an SD card so that if my computer restarts for a windows update, or for whatever other reason freezes or reboots, it doesn't interrupt the printer).

The only flaw I've spotted so far is that it doesn't run the extruder fan enough, which causes PLA jams as the extruder heats up. This is solvable by simply manually turning the fan on 100% at the beginning of a print, but if you forget to do that, you'll run into jamming issues a few hours in to a long PLA print. I tried adding "M106 S255" or "M106 S1.0" to my GCode, but that doesn't seem to turn on the fans. So unless Wanhao provides some guidance re: GCode to turn on the fan (or an update to always turn the fan on full when printing PLA) then it will be necessary to remember to turn it on manually each time you print with PLA.
    Last edited by rhd; 06-14-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Banned
    375? What!!?? Thats giving it away.

I wouldn't mind one of these. They go for about R8000 here, which is a steal.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast