Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add postmahomeson on Facebook Add postmahomeson on Google+
    sure why not play with your chocolate sword fun to play with food until it melts then it's a like a ninja trying to learn trick or treat

It's a really good innovation...but it's quite expensive though ,.... can make printed sugar and chocolate.

Banned
    Yes not only will I eat 3D Printing food but I want to eat it. I'm one of those people who will try anything once.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSox2013 View Post
    Yes not only will I eat 3D Printing food but I want to eat it. I'm one of those people who will try anything once.
    I too tend to be adventurous in food. However, there are limits to my adventure. Usually located at both ends of the animal. Head cheese/brains and ..well rocky mountain oysters if you get my drift. Not gonna happen for me.

Most of the stuff in between, if I haven't already tried it, I probably would. Most innards I don't like. Determined that by trying.

As for 3D printed food, there is little out there (at least at the current state of the technology) that would give me any pause at all. Any that I have seen thus far I would enjoy with my eyes and then eat it and find out if it tastes as good as it looked. If it doesn't, I am calling the waiter.

Engineer-in-Training
    I have been to china and eaten lots of things that I was uncertain of it's origin so yeah I would try it.

Eh, I'd probably try it at least once. But I think it would work best if it want trying to immigrate any specific food. The nuances of flavinoids and esters are probably well out of reach of current tech. However, I can see how 3D printing could be used to make a sort of “people kibble”—something more-or-less nutritionally complete that looked, smelled, and tasted reasonable. It could be used for emergency rations and extended hiking or military maneuvers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12