Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technologist
    Okay, thanks I got it here, but haven't put the circuit together, since it cannot find a 12v out to use. Okay, if I would have read the whole story I would have seen this.
    Aux 2 63 and GND right next to it. Will try that.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Fri; 04-26-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Actually.... You don't need a '12 volt out'. That circuit has a MOS-FET that switches the power. You just need a 12 volt power supply. That MOS-FET is handling all the power switching for you. In that article there is this picture: http://i.imgur.com/Bbs3Mmg.png

It says at the top of the picture 5 volts. But you can connect the drain of that MOS-FET to 12 volts without any worries. Or more accurately, VDD at the top of the diagram can be 12 volts instead of 5 volts. That MOS-FET is being turned all the way on and all the way off. It doesn't really care how much voltage it is switching. You can just grab 12 volts from your power supply and feed it into that circuit instead of 5 volts.

Technologist
    Okay, now I think I got it.

Thanks so much

Technologist
    I got it all working great. One thing I got I don't know why is the M114 is not working. I am using a Ramps with a current Marlin, but the m114 command doesn't do anything. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    I got it all working great. One thing I got I don't know why is the M114 is not working. I am using a Ramps with a current Marlin, but the m114 command doesn't do anything. Any suggestions?
    M114 Should always be there. The fact it isn't responding is not good! I think I would search Marlin_main.cpp and verify that the code is present. It should look like:

Code:
    axis_steps_per_unit[i] = code_value();
          }
        }
      }
    }

/**
     * M114: Output current position to serial port
     */
    inline void gcode_M114() {
      SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM("X:");
      SERIAL_PROTOCOL(current_position[X_AXIS]);
      SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(" Y:");
      SERIAL_PROTOCOL(current_position[Y_AXIS]);
      SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(" Z:");
      SERIAL_PROTOCOL(current_position[Z_AXIS]);
      SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(" E:");
      SERIAL_PROTOCOL(current_position[E_AXIS]);

SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(MSG_COUNT_X);
      SERIAL_PROTOCOL(float(st_get_position(X_AXIS))/axis_steps_per_unit[X_AXIS]);
      SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(" Y:");
      SERIAL_PROTOCOL(float(st_get_position(Y_AXIS))/axis_steps_per_unit[Y_AXIS]);
      SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(" Z:");
      SERIAL_PROTOCOL(float(st_get_position(Z_AXIS))/axis_steps_per_unit[Z_AXIS]);

SERIAL_PROTOCOLLN("");

#ifdef SCARA
        SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM("SCARA Theta:");

Technologist
    The code is there, and I am not sure if it is not responding. When I home all, and then do a M114 my z should report a number other than zero, but it is always on zero. M119 and other M codes work fine.

The M114 unconditionally prints "X:" and the number. M119 has this code:
    Code:
        case 119: // M119
        SERIAL_PROTOCOLLN(MSG_M119_REPORT);
          #if defined(X_MIN_PIN) && X_MIN_PIN > -1
            SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(MSG_X_MIN);
            SERIAL_PROTOCOLLN(((READ(X_MIN_PIN)^X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING)?MSG_ENDSTOP_HIT:MSG_ENDSTOP_OPEN))
    If the M119 command prints that stuff correctly, it uses the same SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM() macro.

hey im trying the same thing on my printer, i managed to get it working with the marlin firmware provided in the post but i want to use the newest version of marlin do you guys know which section i need to change in the marlin_main.cpp? because the part that is supposed to be modified is not there

this is what is supposed to be modified:

static void engage_z_probe(int d = 100) { //lower z probe
    digitalWrite(Z_PROBE_PIN, HIGH);
    delay(d);
    }

Quote Originally Posted by Bluexorcist View Post
    hey im trying the same thing on my printer, i managed to get it working with the marlin firmware provided in the post but i want to use the newest version of marlin do you guys know which section i need to change in the marlin_main.cpp? because the part that is supposed to be modified is not there

this is what is supposed to be modified:

static void engage_z_probe(int d = 100) { //lower z probe
    digitalWrite(Z_PROBE_PIN, HIGH);
    delay(d);
    }
    Check out the Debug System and the Debug Flags. And specifically, the M111 command. You may have what you need by turning on that option in the newer releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Check out the Debug System and the Debug Flags. And specifically, the M111 command. You may have what you need by turning on that option in the newer releases.
    where do i go to check it out?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast