Close

Cool Buying partial role filaments

Hey Guys,

I have a part that I am trying to print out of a filament called Ninjaflex. I am not sure which color I want and they don't offer samples. Since the part is very small, I'd rather not by an entire roll of each color ($65 ea + Shipping X 8 colours). I am wondering if I can just buy a few inches of each color on a secondary market.

My question is if I have just an 18-24" loose string of filament will it feed properly through the printer or does it have to be on the spool? Any other foreseeable problems?

I don't own the equipment, I hired a guy to do the printing and I believe he has a Makerbot printer and it prints 3mm filaments.

On a second note, if anyone has some Ninjaflex in different colours and would like to sell some, please let me know!

Thanks,
    Shawn

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    www.globalfsd.com do short samples of ninjaflex.
    In my experience green ninjaflex is the easiest to use while red is virtually unprintable.
    Those are the only two colours I've tried.

But that is a direct drive 1.75 extruder.

No idea how it works with 3mm filament.

taraadams is a spammer :-)

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    We are in the process of organising NinjaFlex filament samples, probably this will happen over the next 1-2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    www.globalfsd.com do short samples of ninjaflex.
    In my experience green ninjaflex is the easiest to use while red is virtually unprintable.
    Those are the only two colours I've tried.

But that is a direct drive 1.75 extruder.

No idea how it works with 3mm filament.

taraadams is a spammer :-)
    Thanks! I will try contacting them about samples. That is so bizarre that one colour would give worse printing results than another.

HUGE thank you! This site is exactly what I was looking for~