Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
    I'm new also, just got my FFCP 3 weeks ago. Have you tried to upload file to the sd card via USB directly to FFCP? I use simplify3d and I can control FFCP via USB or sd card.
    I have not yet tried that. I will give that a shot tonight when I get home. I'm also going to try and open the .x3g in a notepad (not sure if it'll let me) and compare it to the test parts that my printer will run.

So apparently my printer will accept .x3g files from ReplicatorG but not from Makerware

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by laneinator View Post
    So apparently my printer will accept .x3g files from ReplicatorG but not from Makerware
    Something is wrong then. It should accept Makerware .x3g. That's all I use (so far) with my Creator X.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep - never had a problem with x3g files from makerware. I'm using 2.4

Can you print directly over the usb connection ?

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling makerware and everything is good to go now, I'm not sure what the initial deal was.

I was still confused/thought there was an issue at first though. The test parts that are loaded on the SD are programmed to have the extruders and bed start heating at the same time. My makerware files don't have the extruders start heating until the bed is within 3 degrees of being at full heat. Is there a way to adjust this in makerware? I didn't see anything in the software.

Overall, so much nicer to deal with than the RepG!

"My makerware files don't have the extruders start heating until the bed is within 3 degrees of being at full heat. Is there a way to adjust this in makerware?"

I have the same problem. Have you figured anything out? Is there any way to find the g-code and re-programm it?

Technician
    It's the start gcode sequence, it explicitly waits for the bed to heat up before heating the nozzle. The FlashForge factory used RepG to slice those samples and they rigged it to heat both at the same time. You can do the same with Makerware, but you have to work at it because you have to edit the start gcode in a few different places in the profiles, but basically you have to swap the line that sets the nozzle temperature with the line before it that waits for the bed temp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12