Close

Engineer

2014 CES - 3D printing Hardware Overview

Well CES is over, and it seems as if one of the main subjects of the show was 3D printing. There were dozens of 3D printing companies out there, and several new printers announced during the show. Some people in the tech community are calling this year's CES the spark which will likely take consumer based 3D Printing mainstream. I still feel we have another year before it is truly mainstream, but we are well on our way.

Here is an awesome article giving a great overview of this years 3D printer announcements and who was at CES:
    http://makezine.com/2014/01/16/the-s...eaming-begins/

3D Printing definitely made it's mark at CES. I most people that attend shows like that are already quite aware of 3D Printing. However, I don't think most of them really knew how it worked. Now they got to see it first hand, and I think there will be a lot of new people joining the industry because of CES. The media coverage from CES on 3D Printing was amazing. It makes me happy to see everyone so excited about this technology.

Engineer
    Yep, the media coverage is keep. That week of CES I saw several mainstream news stations covering the 3D printing craze. It's exciting to watch the industry grow.