Close

Looking for a Dimension/Stratasys BST768

I am looking for anyone who might still be using a Dimension/Stratasys BST768? I have a 3d printed sculpture I created in 2008 at Eyebeam Art and Technology in New York City - the sculpture was destroyed this past November while on exhibition (a collapsing shelf). I contacted Eyebeam hoping that they might still have their printer in use so I might remake the piece - unfortunately their Dimension/Stratasys BST768 was destroyed in the flooding caused by Hurricane Sandy.

I am looking for someone who might still be using one of these older printers. Anyone out there might be able to help?

Here is a link showing the original work. http://www.delappe.net/sculptureinst...n/gold-gandhi/

Thanks much!

It doesn't look that intricate. Shouldn't any printer with an envelope height greater than 1 ft. work?

I would like to keep the imperfections and the texture of the Dimension 768 for the recreation of the work. Most newer printers I've looked at will be too resolute. I know, sounds weird, but in the world of art these kind of issues are important in restoring a work to it's original condition.

You should be able to set the z resolution higher than normal to give it a rougher look. I do know art and artists.

I'll admit that most people try to get the print better than their older prints, but I do understand what you need. You may also be able to change the 3d file a bit to make it rougher to simulate the older printer.

Thanks, I think I found two places still using this old printer. Problem solved! (hopefully!). Appreciate your input!