Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    OK, Pin to pin is zero volts. Each pin to ground is zero volts. Not connected to anything.
    I'll Google the schematic.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    OK, Pin to pin is zero volts. Each pin to ground is zero volts. Not connected to anything.
    I'll Google the schematic.
    I meant the thermocouples, not the board.

A thermocouple generates a very small voltage because it is made from dissimilar metals, just like a battery. You can measure that with a DVM just on the DC voltage scale.

Student
    Make sure you get the "old" version of the Motherboard schematic. The old version has the thermocouple wires SCREWED to the hot end. The new version shows the "little bulb" type thermocouples. This is a picture of the extruders on my printer, you can see the screw connection for the thermocouple wires.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    OK so it looks to me like a Mightyboard or a copy of it. The head temperature sensors are thermocouples, you can clearly see the amplifiers at the top left of your picture. In this case you need to measure the voltage they are putting out on their own without being connected to anything.

The full schematics are available so you can easily check what the problem with your board is. I am sure the problem will have been seen before so Google will find a solution I am sure.
    Mjolinor,
    First off I want to thank you for your kind help and support. It is really appreciated.
    The new motherboard arrived today, i installed it and it works. I am doing the first "test print" right now. All looks good so far except the "platform leveling" procedure is not the same, quite different. I will call where I bought it from and get some instruction about it.
    Thanks again,
    Don

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12