Close

Technologist

Gcode in Firmware

Could a gcode string be saved in the firmware like a G28 or so? I am working on a nozzle cleaning process and would like to not have to do it with a slicer.

Yes. I do not have an LCD Panel but the way they do their work is they 'inject' GCode commands into the printer's buffer. Basically, they are pretending the printer got the command from PronterFace even though the LCD Panel generated it. Check out one of the LCD Panel's .cpp code and you should be able to find what I'm talking about. Specifically, search for enquecommand and enquecommands_P. The _P version saves memory from being used in the RAM space.

Senior Engineer
    If you are talking about a set series of fixed movements on a menu button then bypass the Gcode part altogether and add it to Marlin directly. Marlin is well structured for adding bespoke code.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    If you are talking about a set series of fixed movements on a menu button then bypass the Gcode part altogether and add it to Marlin directly. Marlin is well structured for adding bespoke code.
    Yeah! I agree!

Technologist
    Great thanks guys, I will try and sure post more questions here.