Close

Build Your Own 3D Printer Filament Extruder

Instructables user Borsaci06 has uploaded a new project detailing creating your own filament extruder so 3D printer owners can create their own materials at home. The Filastruder can be constructed from easy to acquire parts and modified to produce different sized filament or work with multiple 3D printing materials. You can read all about the new Instructables project in the full story: http://3dprint.com/56759/diy-filastruder-instructables/

Below is a photo of the Filastruder:

You get what you pay for

The creations people come up with throughout the 3D printing community never cease to amaze me. Though I am sure the DIY Filastruder introduces its own set of complexities, a mini extrusion system comprised of off the shelf parts is pretty cool. I'd like to focus on one particular statement that caught my eye:

"Once you factor in things like failed prints, misprints, the amount of supports required for your print, and infill levels those five pounds of filament can disappear in a flash."

This is definitely a real-world issue and I can't help but think I would be inclined to spend more money up front for a printer that mitigates the failed prints and misprints, resulting in less wasted material, if it were available. I'm sure I am not the only 3D printing enthusiast who feels this way, either. Even though it's good to see the price of 3D printers on the decline, you get what you pay for.

The instructions

Greeting my friend, i'm asking if you have the instructions, the PDF. I've been looking for it, but I cant found it.
    Pleas help me

Thanks a lot, have a nice life.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Instructables user Borsaci06 has uploaded a new project detailing creating your own filament extruder so 3D printer owners can create their own materials at home. The Filastruder can be constructed from easy to acquire parts and modified to produce different sized filament or work with multiple 3D printing materials. You can read all about the new Instructables project in the full story: http://3dprint.com/56759/diy-filastruder-instructables/

Below is a photo of the Filastruder: