Close

What's the best Hyrel printer?

I'm looking to buy a high end at home printer. Anyone know what the best Hyrel is, and what the price is on it?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Hi, Hall_of_Famer.

The best model depends on your needs.

First, don't be confused. There are two basic models; the Engine (open-air) and the System (enclosed).

Why go enclosed? The enclosure keeps cold drafts off of your build and allows you to filter or vent the fumes.

Why go open-air? Less cost. Same components and controls.

If you want a System, there is presently just the one model, the System 30, listing at $4000 plus heads (about $250 each), although we are still running our "November" special, a System 30 with two print heads for $3995.

If you want an Engine, here are the differences:

• E1: No heated build platform (not good for ABS), no embedded PC with touchscreen, one print head.
    • E2: Heated build platform, no embedded PC with touchscreen, one print head.
    • E3: Heated build platform, embedded PC with touchscreen, one print head.
    • E4: Heated build platform, embedded PC with touchscreen, two print heads.
    • E5: Heated build platform, embedded PC with touchscreen, four print heads.

Your print head choices and material choices are detailed in a sticky in this sub-forum.

Let me know if you have any other questions, or if you want to set up a skype/teamviewer session where you operate the printer from your location.

-Davo
    Team Hyrel

The mode of selection is complete depend upon our need. Actually, I don't know about the types of the Hyrel printer. With the help of this thread I gained some knowledge about it.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    aiekinparken,

Le me know if you have other questions, or would like to set up a skype/teamviewer session.

Davo, which of these is your top selling printer?

About 65% of our orders are for System 30s.

As far as the Engines go, as I indicated above, The E3, E4 and E5 are the same Engine bundled with 1, 2 or 4 print heads, respectively. I don't have the breakdown by bundle, but most Engine orders are for E5s.