Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10" Y Plate

Technologist
    Here are 2 versions of the 10" Y-bed in DXF format that could be used for aluminum cutting & also 2 versions of my guess for the 12" Y-bed. This has the hole patterns that work for my 10" Y-bed. 248.6mm between centers of Heatbed mounting holes.
    209.38mm between outside aluminum extrusions
    228.38mm between Wheel holes along the X-axis
    I also need 2 dimensions to set the Limit switch hole.
    I assume the limit switch is done similar between the 10" & 12". Y-Bed_i3v10_AluminumFrame_rev39.dxfY-Bed_i3v10_AluminumFrame_rev41.dxf

If you can verify these dimensions or give me the correct ones, I will design a 12" plate based on my 10" design.
    I also attached 2 versions scaled up by 1.2 as my guess for the 12" plate.
    Y-Bed_i3v12_AluminumFrame_rev39.dxfY-Bed_i3v12_AluminumFrame_rev41.dxf

Technologist
    The 2 holes in the center are where my version of a y-carriage Belt clamp mount & not the original wooden belt clamp.

I'll get the 12" Y endstop dimensions after this print finishes

Technologist
    I found where someone had posted a dxf file of the complete i3v 12" makerfarm which appears to be scanned in. I will use that as a guide for adjusting this to 12" & repost it for your review. I can not find the post where I found that before on this site & did not make a note of who posted that.

Dave I think this is the file you are referring to?

i3v1204.dxf

Quote Originally Posted by PyramidDave View Post
    I found where someone had posted a dxf file of the complete i3v 12" makerfarm which appears to be scanned in. I will use that as a guide for adjusting this to 12" & repost it for your review. I can not find the post where I found that before on this site & did not make a note of who posted that.

Technologist
    That looks like the file. Were you the one that posted this originally, so I will no who to credit with the dimensions?

no, I cant remember either...I tried searching for the post but no luck.

Update: found who it was: beerdart
    Here is the thread: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ighlight=plate

Technologist
    I had some time today while my printer was printing & came up with this 1st draft of the design for the i3v 12" Y-Bed. Here is an image of the dimensions if someone can verify these. I think within a millimeter or so will be accurate enough, but can change these if need be. I did not include the dimensions between the wheels along the Y-axis as my design is about 24mm shorter distance. The original distance measures 298.3mm from that dxf file & my design is 162mm.i3v_12_Y-Bed_Dimensions.JPG

Technologist
    I did my 2nd test fit today & adding some more brass to the design & test print came out well. I see 3 problems with the design so far.

1. It will flex a little if you press down some at any of the 4 mounting bolt holes. Hopefully the brass will give it enough structure to not be a problem.
    2. Binding clips are a bit tight since the bed has a little more height to it. I am using 3/16" cork for the insulation
    3. Eccentric side wheels were at the loosest spot. This was not the case on the 1st test fit. Probably should move each of the 4 wheels out 1mm to allow for adjustment. I will see if I can make that a variable in the openscad file. I plan to upload the files to thingiverse today. Here are 4 photos of the latest design.
    IMG_7604_800x600.jpgIMG_7606_800x600.jpgIMG_7627_900x600.jpgIMG_7631_800x600.jpg

Technologist
    Here is this design on thingiverse. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:824227

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123