Close

Different printing results with different slicer settings

Hi, everyone. This passage is mainly written for those who uses 3D printer for the first time.
    I want to share some printing results with different slicer settings. Hope this will help some of you.

Printer: Geeetech Acrylic Prusa i3
    Filament: PLA 1.75mm (also fits for 1.75mm ABS)
    Nozzle diameter: 0.3mm

1. Infill density
    15% vs 30%

As you can see in the picture, there are still many holes unfilled with 15% infill density. But the model is full filled with 30% infill density.
    2. Skirt loops
    0 vs 3

Obvious difference as you can see in the pictures above. Personally, I suggust you'd best print at least 3 loops of skirt, because the filament may not come out from the nozzle immediately. The printer will print the skirt first.

3. Brim width
    0 vs 1

If the brim width is 0, printer will print 100% as same as the stl file. if the brim width is 1, printer will printer another brim, as you can see in the right side of picture.

4. Extrusion of first layer
    100% vs 200% vs 400%

5. Vertical shellserimeters(minimum)
    2 vs 4

Look at the edge of these 2 models. If perimeter is 2, there are 2 loops of brim on each layer, and the model has a better look.

If you think there's something worth sharing, I will be glad if you leave your advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for sharing this. Its quite helpful for a lot of people and is very important.