Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    I live in south florida too.

Check out 3DChimera.com, they are growing fast and could potentially be your competition depending on what you choose to do.

Technician
    Start small, test the waters and get your name out there. Quality and customer service is key. I do quite a few one off prototype prints for various clients but it's pretty small dollars. Let's face it, if someone calls and wants a fairly simple prototype printed that takes an hour or so you can't charge them hundreds of dollars. It's maybe a $30 - $50 job. Where you can really make the money is 3D design and scanning. For those types of services you can charge considerably more money. When you can offer full service such as 3D printing, design, scanning and reverse engineering, that's a pretty good model to start with. I've found there's a need even at a basic level. I'm no engineer and certainly won't get calls from auto manufactures but lots of folks have much simpler needs and are willing to pay for it.

it will be better there is a market for...

Thinking about this as well. I would think the best opportunities would be in providing for specific and specialized needs. For example, old car parts, special connectors, medical, etc. This way you are combining the special knowledge of 3D with the special knowledge of (and models for) some area. This should demand better pricing.
    Thoughts?

I have been searching for market forecast of 3d printing market, i came across information stating that the global market will reach $ 8.6 billion by 2020 and the market is growing at a CAGR of 20.6%. And Agreed with REPRAPOWNER, you need to start in large cities...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123