Close

3D Printed Chevy Camaro By Ioan Florea

Ioan Florea continues his version of the 3D printed dream—home and car—with his latest venture, in the form of the Chevy Camaro, encased a in colorful, textured 3D printed surface, the result of his zen-like attitude and also his technique, which he calls ‘Virtual Archaeology.’ The Camaro is still a work in progress and attendees can watch him finishing the 3D printing process in person at the show at the the New York International Auto Show 2015 from April 3-12, and the Inside 3D Printing Conference on April 16 and 17. More information on this work of art can be found here: http://3dprint.com/55074/florea-3d-print-camaro/

Below is a picture of the Camaro that Florea designed and printed:

Engineer-in-Training
    That might just be the ugliest thing i have ever seen

Here's a question: Do you think there could be a market for such a vehicle within art circles? Why or why not? What would the Gran Torino of Camaro be worth at auction?

WOW Is all I can say. Not sure how to take this. I don't know whether to say its a piece of art or a tragedy. I mean, it's a Camaro man.

Looks like it was driven through a Mexican Carnival and come out like that at the other end! LOL

Shows some dedication though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Here's a question: Do you think there could be a market for such a vehicle within art circles? Why or why not? What would the Gran Torino of Camaro be worth at auction?
    Not really for couple reasons. One, Aerodynamics. But that said, in the future definitely. Who knows what cars will look like 10, 20 or 50 years from now, if we still use them. Probably by then it will be the norm.

But in auction maybe less? Because its a Camaro and even though it looks great from an artists POV in all, well, it's a Camaro. You can't add or take anything away from a Camaro and you've covered it in loads of 3D printed things and that will have to come off if its bought by any real Camaro lover. But then maybe the opposite could happen, who knows what eccentric billionaire are out there Brain

Add bford903 on Facebook
    You'd be the king of Burning Man if you pull up in that.