Close

Technician

Kisslicer settings

Hi folks. I'm trying Kisslicer because of the control it gives me (when I learn what I'm doing, that is) and that I've heard it gives better quality prints, I'm assuming because of that level of control. Anyway, when I open a part in kisslicer, it is sitting on what I assume is the build bed. But when I print, the nozzle is well over half an inch above the glass. How do I adjust that? I've been doing google searches and coming up empty. I can run the same STL file through slic3r and it's fine.

Another thing, is there a good webpage I can read, or a good video to watch that gives me a kisslicer tutorial?

Thanks in advance.

Banned
    what printer are you using? You need to calibrate your z home.

Technician
    I'm using the a MakerFarm 10 iv3. When I go to home, the nozzle is .104mm off the glass. When I use slic3r it prints fine (well, fine for slic3r). With kisslicer, it's more than 1/2" above the glass. I'm assuming there's a 'start point' or something in kisslicer?
    I might not understand what you mean by calibrating my z home though. I'm the newb here, I'm totally open to input.

Thanks DBFIU