Close

Ghost In the Shell Robotic Tank Replica 3D Print

Paulius Liekis is an accomplished programmer who decided to try his hand at both 3D printing and robotics with a replica of the T08A2/R3000 spider tank from his favorite movie, Ghost in the Shell. With practically no foundation to go on aside from some screenshots and rudimentary models, Liekis took on quite a challenge that required a lot of 3D printing and post-processing. He is still improving painting and electronics. Check out details about his inspiration and progress in the full article: http://3dprint.com/54671/ghost-in-the-shell-robot-tank/

Below is a photo of Liekis' 3D printed robot:

i want his designs. This would be perfect to terrorize my cats. Just saw his test footage of the frame walking around, it was glorious in it's animation.

I actually started a WIP thread some time ago, so if you want to see blood&tears check out this thread: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ank-(from-GITS

Quote Originally Posted by WarpHound View Post
    i want his designs. This would be perfect to terrorize my cats. Just saw his test footage of the frame walking around, it was glorious in it's animation.
    I might share the designs once I'm done with it. Although it's a bit useless, because:

• it's scattered on two files
    • some of it could be modeled a bit better (I refreshed my modeling skills during the project, so initial parts have worse smoothing than the last ones )
    • it's designed to be used with very specific servos and other components
    • the legs and arms are a bit different from the movie, because I had to fit servos inside and make it work

So it might be hard for someone to just pick it up and print it...

...and the worst part is that my cat is not afraid of it!!!

I care not. I have access to one of the best model fabricators in the southwest united states, my father. He builds gas powered fiberglass R/C boats that top out at around 95mph on water. That's not scale MPH, they clock in at 144 KPH. Since he's retired, he's traveled around the US winning tournaments and spreading his name. He's built boats and boat hulls and sent them world wide.

We're both pretty wrapped around robotics, and I think we might be able to figure this thing out with our servos.

And don't worry about the 3D modelling, I'm hacking things out in sketchup that are horrendous. Again, it's amazing, and I said as much on your youtube. I'll be following your link. Thank you.