Close

The Next Five Years of 3D Printing

3D printing technology is rapidly changing the face of manufacturing as we know it -- and this disruptive technology is projected to continue its fast growth worldwide. Speed, opportunity for innovations, and the ability to design remotely position additive manufacturing as the most game-changing disruptive technology of our future. With 3D printing projected to be an $8.4 billion industry by 2020 (per MarketsandMarkets), gains will be driven by several key features. The disruptive nature of the technology, convenience to users, DIY and customization capabilities, biomedical applications, the Internet of Things, and speedier manufacturing technology all converge to make additive manufacturing a true force to be reckoned with in the manufacturing field, as 3DPrint.com's Heidi discusses in the full article. For details on her insights, check out the story: http://3dprint.com/54120/3d-printing-future-2/

Below is a photo of Carbon3D's game-changing 3D printing CLIP process:

Too Conservative?

I think that the financial estimates are too conservative. I suspect this will move along at a quicker trajectory than PC's, cell phones, and the internet. With those three already in place, 3D is poised to own the world in no time at all. I think we may look back at these estimates in 2020 and chuckle. It also seems possible to me that CLIP may put 3D printers out of business by 2020. We'll see.

Add postmahomeson on Facebook Add postmahomeson on Google+
    ( here is what you should understand)
    i agree with you in fact i could easily envision children basically doing the work to save up from selling blueprints and other self investable hobbies that are popular with children as of the under the age of 18 would literally feel a chocolate bar chase for the maturity emotion date in the years it's a good addiction it's just like the disney land commercials times a dozen like magic wand on their finger tips , trust me children will do all sorts of things do get this second , honestly i feel it's so sensational when i which is why started advocating especially in the summer , i literately was so pleased at times i was laughing so hard i gagging , because i love #3d printing
    Last edited by postmahomeson; 04-03-2015 at 02:49 PM. Reason: dear admin, a error that is why posted so much