Close

Thread: 3DFormer Pen

3DFormer Pen

Dim3printing LLC spent 18 months developing their 3DFormer pen, targeted toward STEAM education and field tested at Denton High School in Texas. The pen boasts on-the-fly, ultra-wide flow speed control which allows for continuous variable filament speed control, ergonomic design for easy gripping and precision in movement and an advanced cooling technology which prevents nozzle clogging and assures that heat is dissipated quickly. This 3D printing pen is intended for use in schools, and so is priced under $100 to make it affordable -- in fact, the retail price will be just $69.99. The 3DFormer has launched on Kickstarter, with a goal to raise $20K by April 18. You can read the whole story here: http://3dprint.com/53857/3dformer-pen-kickstarter/

Below is a photo of the 3DFormer:

What am I missing that's so different? Mine is $68 on Amazon right now. It heats up fast, you can change speeds on the go, it uses all the filament types AND it has an LCD screen showing the (user variable) temp. It's also not as blocky as the one I'm seeing in the pics above and is way more ergonomic...
    Last edited by ssayer; 03-26-2015 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Add bford903 on Facebook
    That's where I went to high school. Small world.