Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm keeping an eye on this one. For the price they're talking about, and the resolution, they're really going to have to up their game and put their money where their mouth is, so to speak. I'll be awaiting reviews of these online, the price for me is much more comparable in Australia to buying a $2000+ Digitizer!!

I'm even more impressed with their shipping quotes! $640 USD to my door from the US. Now here's hoping their dollar softens up a bit around ordering time :P

Quote Originally Posted by blissiictrl View Post
    I'm keeping an eye on this one. For the price they're talking about, and the resolution, they're really going to have to up their game and put their money where their mouth is, so to speak. I'll be awaiting reviews of these online, the price for me is much more comparable in Australia to buying a $2000+ Digitizer!!

I'm even more impressed with their shipping quotes! $640 USD to my door from the US. Now here's hoping their dollar softens up a bit around ordering time :P
    I'm feeling the same. I'm kinda waiting to see the reviews on this before handing over my money. It seems to have potential though.

Quote Originally Posted by MessierGoal View Post
    I'm feeling the same. I'm kinda waiting to see the reviews on this before handing over my money. It seems to have potential though.
    Same boat here I think. Price is great but I want solid good reviews before I fork over ~700 AUD

Technician
    Looks like the beta units have now shipped. One guy has already gotten his.
    Here is a photo that he posted on his website:

This is still a pre-production version of the final product -- so much of the "spit and polish" of the final version is still missing in the box, as some of the final details are not yet finished. Still, the overall fit-and-finish of the scanner itself seems to be quite good. We'll be taking the product through its paces in the coming days.
    We've encountered a few quirks and bugs in our initial attempt to use it -- but the Matterform team has been responsive to reports to the early beta users.

This looks better than I expected and the final product will even look better. I'm not a fan of the digitizer, so I hope this can produce better results.

Here are some initial scans using one of the BETA Matterform scanners. I am very impressed with these results. They seems to be just as good if not better than the Digitizer and Sense scanners. Wouldn't you agree?

These are courtesty of toybuilderlabs

These results do look pretty decent, especially at the $640 price tag!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12