Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Add CTC-USA on Facebook Add CTC-USA on Google+
    I only know of them as a kit from:

Here

You have 3mm inlet to the nozzle, and 3mm PTFE style.

Thanks, I found some of the same tubing and two nozzles on Amazon, spent £7 altogether lets hope it fixes it!

Engineer-in-Training
    Actually, and IMHO, it's better to use heating heads without a PTEF tube; an all metal nozzle in my experience is more reliable, robust and easier to maintain.

Engineer
    Ah, it's a typical problem. The PTFE wears out. You should have a tight fit when you try to remove/install it. If it's loose, you got to flip the side and use the unwear one, or just buy the PTFE. The rostock max V2 use this type of device and wears out from time to time.

When it wears out, filament will leak between the PTFE/extruder, and will jam/leak everywhere ruining your prints.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Actually, and IMHO, it's better to use heating heads without a PTEF tube; an all metal nozzle in my experience is more reliable, robust and easier to maintain.
    Someone who posted earlier said it's vital to have the PTFE otherwise it will ruin my hot end? You may be right too but as I'm new to 3D Printing and have had 2 opposing suggestions I'm not entirely sure what to do.

I just ordered some 3mm OD, 2mm ID PTFE tube and 2 new nozzles for each extruder! Hoping it will fix it!
    One quick question, tried to loosen the right extruder (the one I don't really use) by loosening the grub screw holding it in place at the aluminium block, when I went to tighten it I did it too tight unfortunately and stripped some threads, stupid mistake. Should I get a new aluminium block or a larger grub screw?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBuilder View Post
    Someone who posted earlier said it's vital to have the PTFE otherwise it will ruin my hot end? You may be right too but as I'm new to 3D Printing and have had 2 opposing suggestions I'm not entirely sure what to do.
    Well, if your extruder is designed to have a PTFE lining then you have to use it, but all metal hotends don't need it, for example the E3D I'm printing with right now is all metal and has worked flawlessly for the last year and a half.

Senior Engineer
    Mine was without PTFE liner when I got it, I fitted ones with the liner and it improved a lot. It's a Wanhao.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Mine was without PTFE liner when I got it, I fitted ones with the liner and it improved a lot. It's a Wanhao.
    I'm still waiting for the PTFE Tubing, I am getting mixed information so I'll probably try and install it with the tubing as thats how it was like before it broke.
    Thanks for all the help I'll keep you updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123