Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Would replacing the PTFE Tube work? If so how do you install it?

Senior Engineer
    It is easier to buy it with the tube already in. It is only a couple of quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    It is easier to buy it with the tube already in. It is only a couple of quid.
    I can only find nozzles by themselves when I search? What would I search for?

Add CTC-USA on Facebook Add CTC-USA on Google+
    You will need to remove the cooling tube and the nozzle. Disconnect the connections to the aluminum block.

Measure the needed PTFE, then cut with sharp knife.

Insert the PTFE into the nozzle, then screw the nozzle into the aluminum block.

Now screw in the aluminum "cooling tower" with filament through the PTFE and cooling tower assembly for support and guidance.

Test that the filament END can be inserted and removed from the cooling tower without ANY resistance. If you feel resistance, unscrew the cooling tower and re-seat the PTFE.

The PTFE is not pressed in and can only be inserted into the cooling tower ONE-WAY.

That helps a lot!
    Can I not buy the nozzle with the PTFE Tube attatched @CTCWarrantyUSA? If not, how do I disconnect it from the aluminium block?
    Many thanks.

Your welcome.

POWER OFF - Unplugged

Loosen the hex key for the said hot-end. Then lower the bed all the way.

Disconnect the connections for the heater cartridge, etc.

Your Nozzle/assembly should then fall out. If you have filament stuck inside. Cut it between the BLACK extruder housing and the large aluminum carriage block.

You may need tools, but unscrew the nozzle from the aluminum (small) block.

Then you can unscrew the cooling tower.

Under no circumstances should you run the hot-end without the PTFE in the nozzle assembly. You will ruin the entire cooling block, nozzle and PTFE. Just a fair warning.

Screw in the nozzle all the way flush FIRST, then the cooling tower. You'll note the cooling tower has 1-2 threads exposed. Normal.

This step is not done from the factory, so initial nozzle height is not optimized.

*Edit - The nozzle and PTFE are two separate products. They are known as wear items, and are rather general in the marketplace. Youll be looking for 3mm inlet Nozzle, and 3mm PTFE.
    Last edited by CTC-USA; 03-26-2015 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Edit

This sounds a bit confusing without pictures as I'm not entirely sure about the terminology yet as I haven't had it all that long, but I'll give it a go you've been very helpful!

This is a nozzle assembly.

Nozzle removal is : Left turn removes, Right turn tightens.
    Same for cooling tower, the long piece. They are both "threaded" as they screw into the aluminum block.

Unscrew anything attached to this piece. You'll need to have it in order to install the PTFE correctly.

Insert the PTFE into the Nozzle when removed. Then screw the nozzle into the aluminum block. Insert some filament through the nozzle, PTFE, and aluminum block, finally sliding on top the "cooling tower".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ah thank you so much! I get that now, I'll get some PTFE and a new nozzle and let you know if I encounter any problems.

Can someone help me find the nozzle with PTFE Tube attatched?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast