Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Gizmo 3D Unveils Super Fast 3D printers!!

Just last week we saw Carbon3D unveil a super fast 3D printing technology. Now it appears as though Gizmo 3D Printers may have one upped them. Their new 3D printers can print an incredible 30mm high z axis print with a 50 micron resolution in just 6 minutes. The printers will hit Kickstarter later this year starting at just $2500. Perhaps everyone will be able to 3D print with the speed that Carbon3D unveiled last week. At this price, it won't only be for large companies.

Read and see more at http://3dprint.com/53286/gizmo-3d-printers-fastest/

Engineer
    This looks awesome

Engineer
    What i dont like about this is that you can see how well its going until its done.

Engineer
    Man those are gonna be nice!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Heated vat – The resin is heated to 22 degrees C to make it flow better and provide for a higher resolution.
    That's a bit weird. Even my workshop hovers around the 20c mark.

Somewhere like australia you'd need to keep the machine in a fridge before it could warm up to 22c !

Other than that - very clever, and reasonably priced.

Student
    Add taskman on Facebook Add taskman on Google+ Add taskman on Thingiverse
    Hi

Thank you for the post

The manufacturer actually recommends 22 degrees C so I didn't want to advertise anything above that. The heater has been designed to heat up to 40 degrees C and it has its own plug in the machine so it won't influence the rest of the electronics. I had my resin at 35 degrees C for 6 months and the resin was fine. Actually the living room gets around 30 degrees during the day, but if I advertise that and people have issues then I might get into trouble because I go against the manufacturer recommendations

Kobus

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    That's a bit weird. Even my workshop hovers around the 20c mark.

Somewhere like australia you'd need to keep the machine in a fridge before it could warm up to 22c !

Other than that - very clever, and reasonably priced.

Question Large volume of Resin required?

Other than that - very clever, and reasonably priced.[/QUOTE]

Key to making this economical to the masses would be the cost of the resin required to fill the tanks.
    This could be several times greater than the cost of the machines.
    That is if you had to fill the tanks with only resin a possibility would be to float a smaller volume of
    resin on the surface of a denser/cooler liquid?

Student
    The plan is to include the tiny vat (as seen in the video) that has a build plate that you can print a 190mm x 100mm item on. The depth is 100mm. I am also planning on including the resin to fill the vat 4L + 1L included in the price of the machine. So when you buy the machine, fill it up and start printing. That is the idea. Looking at the current numbers I will make a tiny bit of profit, but if I can get to sell 100 machines the profit will increase a bit, enough so that I can stop working for someone else and focus just on Gizmo 3D Printers. When the printers launch I want to focus on getting the scanner out there.

I will have multiple vats available, from the micro vat that takes 700ml to the wide vat that takes 8L to the triple vat to the tall micro vat. Then ofcourse you can create your own combinations. The machines are all configurable so that you can change the size of the vat to what you want

I haven't tested the salt water thing yet. I think it might cause issues for my future plans. I am designing a magnetic mixer at the moment. If the salt starts dropping to the bottom and the pigment drops to the bottom and the magnetic mixer starts up then you might start to mix water and resin.

Great great great

Student
    I posted information about the beta at http://www.gizmo3dprinters.com.au/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast