Close

Technologist

Are there any plastics that the Hexagon extruder will not work with

I am considering trying the bronze or copper filled PLA at some point & was wondering if this extruder will work with this filament ok? I am using a 1.75mm Hexagon extruder with a .40mm nozzle on a Makerfarm i3v 10". I understand this filament does not work with Teflon coated extruders, but have not found a definitive source for what plastics work with what extruders. Is there a web page with a table showing what plastics work with what extruders?

Thanks,
    David

It has much more to do with the extruder setup than the hotend.
    Flexible filament does not work well on bowden extruders, which means the motor pushing filament is not on top of the hot end, so it has to push it through a tube a long distance. Most direct drive extruders (right on top) will be just fine with flexibile filaments.
    The hex will work just fine with direct drive. Now on the prusa i3v, im not sure if there needs to be an extruder change to guide the filament after the hobbed bolt.
    someone else can answer that.

I'm subscribing to this post because I'm very curious about what you find. The main reason I went with the hexagon was that it seemed like there were no limits as to what filament could be used.