Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    BenB,

We've had the best results by printing a thin layer of polycarbonate, then printing the PEEK on that. Be prepared to sand the polycarbonate off - the bond is that good. The PC sticks fine to the glass with the bed at 85C.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Davo

Hi Davo,

thnx for the quick response, we're gonna try that.

BenB

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    BenB,

We've had the best results by printing a thin layer of polycarbonate, then printing the PEEK on that. Be prepared to sand the polycarbonate off - the bond is that good. The PC sticks fine to the glass with the bed at 85C.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Davo

This is Awesome! Do you know what kind of surface finishes one can expect? Is it post machinable?

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    MikeG3,

I haven't made any solid or mostly solid PEEK parts to try machining.

I'll post here when I do.

Banned
    Add 3Dalloy.cc on Facebook Add 3Dalloy.cc on Google+
    Lol,high pricing by German

20 years ago we were paying £50/kg for basic PEEK, it went to £1000/kg for the good stuff that was used for human implants etc. This was in injection molding. To answer the question above, (even if it was asked 4 years ago), it does machine very well. I have some here that I mill / turn occasionally.I´m quite keen to try it on my 3D Printer, but the price puts me off!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12