Close

'Frozen's' Elsa Castle 3D Printed in 44 Pieces

We've seen so many incredible 3D printed items, both for business and pleasure. One area where the technology seems to slowly, but surely be catching on is that of the toy industry. Parents can make toys for their children at incredibly affordable prices. This is just what one father had a collegue do for his daughter. A man named Mariano Gros Bañeres 3D printed an incredibly 44-piece pink Elsa castle for the daughter of one of this colleagues. Taking 120 hours to print out, this certainly was not a small project, but in the end it was al worth it when the child saw the castle for the first time. More details on the design process and a link to the files to download if you would like to print the castle can be found here: http://3dprint.com/51330/3d-printed-elsa-castle-frozen

Below is a picture of this extraordinary castle

Not sure where you got the idea that this is Elsa's castle. Might be the Disney Cinderella's Castle but is is definitely not Elsa's.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    Not sure where you got the idea that this is Elsa's castle. Might be the Disney Cinderella's Castle but is is definitely not Elsa's.
    Cinderella's Castle...

(I know, I took the pic)

Not Cinderella's Castle...

Only thing I can think of is he was going for the Arendelle castle. But its not quite right for that either but the wall is similar.

But, hey, if its good enough for his little girl, then its good enough. She's really the only one he needs to please.

You are kidding right?

Double window over the draw bridge.
    Trapezoid shaped rooftop above double window.
    Tall central tower to the right.
    Little tower-lette to the right off of tall tower.
    Rooftop with front facing window to the left of tall tower.

This is Cinderella's Castle: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/MLV30zi-9ts/maxresdefault.jpg
    And it is pretty close.
    Arendale doesn't have any of these features.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    No, the towers are wrong. So are the roof segments. Its similar but not it.