Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SLA 3D printers

There are 2 different kinds of SLA, laser and DLP. Both are still SLA printers. Laser is cured with a laser, takes longer as it has go over each line with a laser beam, but build is typically larger. DLP is higher res and faster than laser, but build is typically smaller.

There's Draken DLP 3D Printer as well. www.3dfacture.com

Technician
    Omaker have matket their printer as better than the Form 1, if it is better I don´t know, but why not try see the print pic and compare? or Videos!

I have just read some comparison between Laser based and Projector based printers.
    http://www.inside3dp.com/battle-3d-printers-sla-vs-dlp/
    http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-...er-3D-printer/
    Is Projector base printer can really produce finer detail than laser based printer? Since I want to get the most fine detail as possible for my figurines. Thanks.

Add Reify 3D on Facebook
    In my experience, you are able to achieve a much higher level of detail with similarly priced DLP printers. It can be difficult for even the professional laser-based printers to match the affordable DLP printers. Below is a cufflink printed on our DLP printer at 25 microns XY (red print) and an almost identical cufflink printed on a $150,000+ laser-based printer that features a "Hi Res Mode" with a 75 micron beam diameter (purple print). The expensive laser-based printer had difficulty with some of the 100 micron borders and 125 micron spaces inside the outer braiding. This print is about 16mm in diameter.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for your information Reify3D, but if both are using 50 micron or 25 micron to do the print out. Will they be the same or still some differences?

Engineer
    Got pegasus touch, their resin is always in development and it's hard to pick what is the good resin. Also, their current VAT last about 20k to 50k layers printing, their supervat were supposed to exponentially increased their performance. It should be available in the next few months.

Also they have upgraded their firmware about the laser focus dimension dropping from 300um down to 80um, so in theory you have better resolution.

You're probably the first person to enjoy messing with resin print.... those nasty stuff are just a pain in the butt to clean and every other products can harm your health....

Engineer
    It also depends on the size of the print and how it can be adjusted. Don't forget you're trying to fit a 1080P resolution on a surface within a dimension. DLP might suit your accuracy if it's for small projected area ... It is up to you to see what is your need, the same goes for the laser.

Price, printer size, budget will be judged by yourself to see which one is worth...

Thanks Richardphat. I have experience with the Form1+. With 25 micron printing, the strand is acceptable small, but I wanna see if there is any even better result available in the market.

You are right about the resin cleaning issue, but it is fine if using alcohol.

Pegasus Touch VAT currently only last for about 20k to 50k layers printing!!! This lifespan is too short. I read the users' comments on kickstarters. A lot of negative comments on this company.

Which DLP do you recommend? Thanks.

Engineer
    I dont particularly own a DLP, if you want for big size, solidator might do the job. But their contact support freaking blow. Emailed them 4 times and never got a single reply. My boss called them, and they basically said, yea yea we will have one of your salesman contact you. Never heard of them again....

By the way what's you're largest print you have ever done? Also, what do you usually print the most when it comes to size?
    I might have an idea or 2...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast