Close

Replicator 2x cant get build plate to level

I just got my replicator x2 and the mail. Im trying to go threw setup and get the build plate leveld. I noticed that the left nozzel is digging into the plate while the right nozel has a sizeable gap. I screw the plate as tight as i can and i cant get enought room on the left side to get a card under it. I call maker they send me a pdf that shows out to adjust the nozel level. I go threw that and get it set right. I select the button to move to the next leveling spot. Now the right side is digging into the build plate with the left side having a gap. Once again i cant use to leveling screws to adjust this. Is it really suppose to be this hard?

Fixed it. There was a bar under the lid that had popped out

Bar under what lid? I noticed my left nozzle drags too, when its set to dual extrude it melts a pattern of what he right extruder is doing. I was going to look into adjusting this soon, seems to be okay if I'm only using one extruder though.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    I have a fix that worked for me.

The two nozzles will NEVER be aligned perfectly, AND the plate itself has a convex surface that can't be flattened.

The biggest problem that I was alerted to was that most of you are leveling while the bot is cold.
    When you heat it up, the springs, made of metal as they are, expand a bit.

If you level the plate with two pieces of regular 8.5x11 paper while it is has been HOT for about three-five minutes, it should work!

I'll make a general post in the main Makerbot section with more guided information.

Quote Originally Posted by EEEliminator View Post
    Bar under what lid? I noticed my left nozzle drags too, when its set to dual extrude it melts a pattern of what he right extruder is doing. I was going to look into adjusting this soon, seems to be okay if I'm only using one extruder though.
    I experienced this same thing but I just have the single extruder Rep2 and not the 2X. When trying to level the plate, my nozzle would slam into the build plate every time. It would do this when the extruder would move to the center of the build plate.

my problem, and it sounds like it was the authors problem too, ended up being one of the rods that carries the extruder had popped out of one of its mountings allowing the extruder to droop down. It's the steel rods that are hidden underneath the top sides of the printer. They allow the extruder to move back and forth along the Y axis. These rods "snap" in place. One of mine had fallen out somehow and I snapped it back in and everything is fine.

this sounds exactly what the author of the post describes what he did to fix his problem.