Close

RenderBot 3D Printer

RenderBot is throwing their hat in the ring to produce the highest quality 3D printer possible at a low price of $299 for super early bird pledges, who receive the full kit for assembly. With features like the all-metal hotend, 10" x 10" x 10" build volume, and streamlined wiring, the RenderBot is built to offer all the basic features and more with quality and durability so that the user does not end up with headaches later due to bargain prices. RenderBot also offers upgrades so that users don’t have to do any wiring — or if they wish, they can also order the RenderBot 3D printer fully assembled. Find out more about RenderBot in the full article: http://3dprint.com/49666/kickstarter-renderbot/

Below is a photo of the RenderBot 3D printer:

Engineer-in-Training
    I just don't know how companies can make any sort of profit on these super low priced machines. Maybe they know something I don't, but last time I looked, Rambo boards weren't exactly cheap, nor was a e3d hot end. I would imagine that those 2 components alone are almost half of what they are advertising the printer for.

hopefully they are thinking, "we don't need to PROFIT from the kickstarter so much as build up the capital to purchase parts in bulk so we profit from future sales"; or something along those lines anyway.
    I backed the project (barely missed the $300 super early bird) and so did my brother (snagged a super early bird AFTER i already backed them... i guess someone else had to pull out to make room for him?)

i'm hopeful that they get fully funded. i'm also optimistic about the quality of the parts being used.

this is the first time i've backed something on kickstarter that wasn't immediately flooded with other backers, so i've never before experienced this anxiety of "will it get funded".

Technician
    That is really cheap price, cheap price is good for consumer, but for the company it may be difficult. As I have told many others before, you will sell it but you can not survive with it!
    With that said, it will be problamatic in the long term, such as offering after sale service and recruiting talents.

But then again we have few just want to live on investors till they think they can manage it after some years...