Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What printer?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Its generally a leveled bed right out of the box..
    IT really isn't :-)

But yep it is a great printer.

For that volume there are a lot of options. The printrbot range have pretty much universally good feedback.
    basically for that volume there are a lot of options under $1000.

Thanks for all your input!
    starting to narrow down options.
    What would you say is better out of the flash forge creator pro, the Rostock max, the Kossel or the Wanhao duplicator 5s mini?
    And why would you say they are better? advantages? disadvantages?
    I'll really appreciate any information or advice, thanks!

Student
    Add Joinc on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke.marsh96 View Post
    Hello useful people!
    What printer would be the best to manufacture a 15x15x10cm product with a simple design?(product is smaller but this is just a rough size to open up more doors)
    Actual product size is about 15x8x2cm,
    it needs to be able to print as quickly as possible,
    Needs to be reliable,
    Easy to obtain spares and simple to repair.
    Budget not decided yet so best one for under £1000, £5000, and £10000 to give me an idea what I can expect from it.
    Thank you very much for your time, i really appreciate it!
    Luke

I would say the PowerSpec Pro from Microcenter is the best bang for the buck. It is on sale for $799 and is a relabeled Flash Forge creator x pro. The only upgrade needed is an external cooling fan for PLA, it also helps with ABS. This fan cooler mounts the best to the x-slide on the PowerSpec Pro.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:537918

I have been printing with it for a month and have 114 hours on it and printed 407 meters of material (mostly ABS) without one clog or ground filament.

I use Cura when I need supports and slic3r for all other prints. I will use slic3r exclusively as soon as the newest version is released (2.x.x). You must follow this article to get the most control of this printer.

http://www.3duniverse.org/2014/01/05...forge-creator/

The biggest detractor for me is not being able to use a Raspberry Pi to control the printer due to this printer not directly using g-code. This is true for all makerbots and knock-offs.

I use an Ultimaker 2 at work ($2300) and it produces some really great looking parts, but I constantly get filament stripping unless I print very slow. This is really due to the Bowden extruder setup with the stepper on the back. Granted printing slowly with the PowerSpec produces similar quality prints, but I like to print fast when I am making mechanical parts and the Ultimaker 2 can not run as fast IMHO as the PowerSpec. I am in the process of upgrading the teflon guide busing in the Ulti with an exotic high temp engineering plastic so we can run PET at 250c without premature busing warpage. That said, not everyone has the luxury of expensive engineering upgrades.

We also have a very high grade Stratasys 3d printer ($300k) which is awesome. Prints colors, hard materials, soft materials, and is very accurate. It also requires a full-time employee who specializes in running this system.

Good Luck,

Joinc

Student
    Add Joinc on Thingiverse
    Here are a few pics.

Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    So many printers to pick from. I don't know which to buy. Looking at the Robo3d and Ultimaker 2 is suppose to be
    real good too with no problems many say Ultimaker 2.
    Last edited by spaceman; 07-07-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Em..According to your situation, there are so many choices.

http://www.wercan.com/3d-printers-3d...g8fug48di7bil4
    I think all of these can match you requirements. Your budget is very sufficient. The most expensive no more than $1000 .

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    So many printers to pick from. I don't know which to buy. Looking at the Robo3d and Ultimaker 2 is suppose to be
    real good too with no problems many say Ultimaker 2.
    I own a Printrbot Metal Plus and it's great. The auto levelling feature is really useful and the frame is rock solid. The volume is there too. Finally upgrades and support are top notch.

Student
    Well, I got the Robo 3D R1. It worked out of the box, But like any, I went thru the get acquainted problems, mostly caused by me.
    The Savior here is that there is an excellent Robo Fourm site. The company also has technical help by E Mail, phone and Skype.
    There is also a no hassle parts replacement under the 6 months warranty. Most parts are open source, so you can get them anywhere.
    So far, I have used ABS, PLA, and a special Stainless Steel filament. If you want to run Ninja-Flex you would best add a guide tube from the top of the cooling fin tower to the Hobble feed bolt. But that is a less than 1 hour project. I have run everything from a spare set of drive gears to full size raptor claws with no problems . I admit that I did have a Hex head hot end leak, but I suspect it was an assembly problem since the nozzle was tight against the heater block. The nozzle should be tight against the end of the heat break tube, not the heat block. Let's just say, I am very happy with my Robo. It runs long jobs while I sleep with no worry. Just my opinion, Frank

_DSC0002.jpg

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    If you have no or only a small filament inventory, choose the 1.75mm standard and the FFC Pro.

In case you work with 3mm standard filament: If you can get an UM2 for a good price, for reliability reasons I will recommend it over most other machines. You can trust that, even though the Bowden system may need some upgrades, in five years it will still run. A good second choice is the Wanhao Duplicator 5s Mini. I just got one and it works fantastic. The feeding tube is a bit wider than the UM system which makes it wonderful in running all kinds of filaments.

Technologist
    Follow wendy On Twitter Add wendy on Facebook Add wendy on Google+
    what do you think of HE3D prusa i3 printer?
    it can print 100mm/s
    http://www.reprapmall.com/index.php?...product_id=159

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12