Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Your biggest worry should be the moveable mass of the 3d printer. The laser mechanism is designed to have a very low moveable mass, in contrast it is huge (comparatively) with a 3d printer.
    True. Although only the small axis (Im gonna call it Y because I called the other one X in the video) would matter. The other thing is that at least from what I have seen most lasers go a lot faster than most 3d printers at full speed. (That said I'm not positive on the 3d printers cause 90% of the videos I see speed up the printing process.)

Well took a closer look at the Z motor. It would probably have to be replaced. It is just a 24VDC motor with a 426:1 ratio. Ok for a laser. Not so much for a printer. Im looking for a stepper we had around here but it has vanished. Ill keep looking though.

Very cool project looking forward to your outcome as we have an Epilog TT24 at work that we might be replacing soon and i think it would make a great printer.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Very cool project looking forward to your outcome as we have an Epilog TT24 at work that we might be replacing soon and i think it would make a great printer.
    Legend 24TT? That is what we have as our current laser funny enough.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman3131 View Post
    Legend 24TT? That is what we have as our current laser funny enough.
    Yes......................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12