Close

Nurse Call Button: Another 3D Print To Help The Disabled

For some hospital patients, a task as basic as pushing the call button in order to summon a nurse is beyond their grasp, quite literally. One UK maker and Instructables contributor, John Dingley, helped a patient in need by 3D designing and printing a device that houses the call button and allows a patient to easily press down on a hinge panel to engage the call button: the Big-Button Nurse Call Adapter. Dingley shared instructions and .stl files for this simple but unarguably essential device on his Instructables page. Find out more details on this adaptive device in the full article: http://3dprint.com/47331/3d-printed-nurse-call-button/

Below is a photo of the Big-Button Nurse Call Adapter:

Quote Originally Posted by Donnabell87 View Post
    Even if it looks very simple, in my opinion it is a very good invention. I always respected people who are trying to make the world better, especially people that helps others with diseases. Also, I think that this button should exist in every hospital in this world, because it much more comfortable for a patient. I guess nurses are going to understand what I am talking about. Besides that, I know that there are girls that just started, so I suggest you to recommend this button to your hospital, it will be very good for your nursing career.
    You really explained the matter well. Yeah, nursing is a noble job and we all should be kind the disabled. Of course the 'Nurse Call Button" can contribute more effectively to make the prompt support to any patients. Much respect and hearty thanks for this thread.