Close

Free Public Beta Download Now Available of AutoDesk's Memento

3D software giant Autodesk is releasing a public beta Windows desktop app version of Memento. The app, which is cloud-connected, can be downloaded for free. A Mac version of Memento is coming soon and the public beta free downloads will be available at least until the end of 2015. Memento, which lets you convert reality capture input into high-quality 3D models, may play a powerful new role in the production of movies and games as well as with science and education. Find out more about uses for Memento in the full article: http://3dprint.com/47082/autodesk-public-beta-memento/

Below is a 3D rendering from Memento:

I'm skeptical. I don't like the idea of uploading images when i could do it on my home PC like I do now. I've tried 123D Catch many times and more than half of the time it doesn't work. Either the pictures won't upload, or it uploads and then says "processing" forever (like months).

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    You can bet your butt that the "Alpha" version of this cloud based solution isn't going to be free. If Autodesk stays true to form, it'll be expensive. I'd be inclined to support VisualSFM for this type of application. Hard to beat for free software.

Quote Originally Posted by truly_bent View Post
    You can bet your butt that the "Alpha" version of this cloud based solution isn't going to be free. If Autodesk stays true to form, it'll be expensive. I'd be inclined to support VisualSFM for this type of application. Hard to beat for free software.
    I'm sure it will be expensive. And yeah VisualSFM is great. I did a tutorial on it not long ago.
    http://youtu.be/D6eqW6yk50k?list=PLq...tIj9ng5IDBiL_1

As for memento I downloaded the beta and uploaded the same photos used in the tutorial to compare. It's been about 20 minutes so far and it still says "1%, waiting in queue".