Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Jonathan Jaglom Takes Over as MakerBot CEO

Today MakerBot and Stratasys have announced that Jonathan Jaglom of Stratasys will be taking over for current Acting CEO Jenny Lawton, starting on March 1st. The move is a significant one, but one which may turn out to benefit both companies. Lawton will be moving into a new role with Stratasys as the executive vice president of Special Projects. Jaglom has worked for Stratasys and Objet for the past 10 years and most recently has held the position of general manager for Stratasys Asia Pacific Japan. Read and see more on this move, including an interview we had with Lawton this morning at: http://3dprint.com/46778/makerbot-ceo-jonathan-jaglom/

Student
    Follow jsosborn On Twitter
    Jenny Lawton was a disaster at MakerBot from day one. She was there for a year before she bothered to even try to use the company's products. She acted as enabler for Bre's mercurial temper and chaotic hiring and whimsical firing before throwing him gently under the bus and taking his role. What a pyrrhic victory. Ignoring employee, customers and product development ultimately catches up with you.

Student
    lol the hate is strong with this troll

Student
    Follow jsosborn On Twitter

Not trolling, just reminiscing.

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    I'm no troll, I'm a former co-worker. Check out glassdoor.com sometime for a view of just how awful it was to work for her. She literally wrote the only positive reviews on the site but the true one star horror stories drown them out.

It's a sad side show to a great industry.

Technologist American 3D Printing's Avatar
    Add American 3D Printing on Facebook Add American 3D Printing on Google+ Add American 3D Printing on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    Since when is re-stating the obvious trolling? I sure hope this new guy helps their engineering department learn how to design good products. The so-called smart extruder is an engineering disaster, just a really bad approach. There are some things they did well in the 5th gen series, but a lot of things very poorly executed. I'd like to see them right the ship, both from a design and from a customer support perspective.

It has been probably around a year since I read about Makerbot's HR culture on glassdoor, but I hope they get that fixed too. The heart of every successful company is happy and productive employees who are made to feel like their contribution matters.