I just started my first print.

Here are my impressions. For the 732 dollars including shipping I paid, the machine is a great bargain.

The installation went very smoothly and the bed leveling is easy. I don't really like the way the extruder is set up, time will tell if it becomes a pain in the ass every time I need to change filament. The machine is built well, it is very rigid for being aluminum riveted to wood. I am actually surprised at how stiff the frame is.

The components seem to be very good quality, everything feels very smooth. They seemed to have cut costs in places that are acceptable, I am ok with that.

As I sit here typing this, watching my first print finish on the Asterid 2200, I feel that I will get many good hours out of this machine. I haven't even scratched the surface at how much of a steal this machine is. For under 700 bucks, you get a ton of features. The prints right out of the box are looking better then my 2700 dollar Type A series 1.

I am now holding the 15mm cuboid in my hand. Layer-to-layer repeatability looks fantastic, I will be testing machine speeds soon. Maybe push it up to 100mm/s and see if it can handle that. So far at 70 it's doing just fine.

Totally worth it, great machine. I will be back in a couple months and many hundreds of hard hours to tell you how it pans out after lots of use.