Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Asterid 2200, reviews?

Just saw this printer. For the price it looks very appealing.

8X8X9.5 big build volume, prints ABS and PLA and has heated bed.

Anyone have experience/reviews with this printer? I was thinking of getting it just to try it out, looks solidoodle-esque but with more features for less.

This one caught my eye as well. I am especially interested in people's experience with different materials.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessray View Post
    This one caught my eye as well. I am especially interested in people's experience with different materials.

It just has a ton of features and for a really low price. But I see no reviews of it online and I never heard of them. Worried this might be a dud. Would really love to buy one to try it because it offers so much.

Banned
    I just spoke to Tim, I think hes the owner. Cool guy and it all seems legit. He is based in the US and he answered all of my questions. I will probably get this printer.

Their website has reviews. I do take those with a grain of salt, but it appears that all the prior machines are consistently rated highly. I just need that extra push of an objective opinion from a source I can take comfort in.

Quote Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
    I just spoke to Tim, I think hes the owner. Cool guy and it all seems legit. He is based in the US and he answered all of my questions. I will probably get this printer.
    So, can I get you to give me a review when you receive it??? You can be my guinea pig!!!

Banned
    I dont mind. The guy was honest with me when I asked him "do these machines tend to break down?". If he would have said "no they are realiable" then I wouldnt have bought the machine. He was honest and said all machines break down, thats the nature of 3D printing.

We all know 3D printers break down, so I asked him would he be able to walk me through a fix if I needed it and he said of course, he supports his customers. Thats all I wanted to hear.

Banned
    Order submitted, now its time to wait, he said a week which is blazing fast considering I was in the market for a makergear M2 which has a 4-6 lead time and double the cost. Not comparing the two because the M2 is in a different league, but the asterid 2200 does have the same features as the M2 (and a bigger build volume). The M2 probably prints higher quality which is understandable for the price, for my purposes the asterid 2200 should get the job done. I will get the M2 at a later time when money is better.

Quote Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
    Order submitted, now its time to wait, he said a week which is blazing fast considering I was in the market for a makergear M2 which has a 4-6 lead time and double the cost. Not comparing the two because the M2 is in a different league, but the asterid 2200 does have the same features as the M2 (and a bigger build volume). The M2 probably prints higher quality which is understandable for the price, for my purposes the asterid 2200 should get the job done. I will get the M2 at a later time when money is better.
    I am excited for you. I began a conversation with them as well. Good luck, and please keep me posted!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stainlessray View Post
    I am excited for you. I began a conversation with them as well. Good luck, and please keep me posted!
    Thanks, I will let you know what happens. I have high hopes for this machine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast