Close

having trouble printing a small tube w/o a seam.

Im printing on a Flashforge Creator Pro:
    Im printing using ABS

extruder temp - 230
    bed - 100
    .1 quality
    50/80 speed
    infil - 50

Im having trouble printing a tube shape, inner diameter is 5mm with 1.5 mm outer wall thickness. It seems to split where the wall thickness comes into play.
    any ideas?
    Thanks
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

The slicer I use has an option that says " random starting point or optimize for speed".

If you choose "optimize for speed", you end up starting and ending always at the same point, which may be the cause of your problem as it would seem the 2 ends of the circle then do not adhere to each other and warp appart.

Try using "random starting points" : that way the gap will be at a different place on each layer which should help.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    I agree. Also, can you reduce your unprime amount when transitioning to a non-printing move?

Thanks for the input...Im using makerbot desktop...should I use something else? What would you recommend to get this feature(random starting point or optimize for speed) Is Simpli3d worth the cost?
    thanks
    Rob

As a matter of fact, I do use S3D. I haven't tried to use CURA or Slic3r but I'm pretty confident they have something similar available. Try the free option first, see what you get.
    There are a lot of cura & slicer gurus (and I mean this with respect) here that should be able to help you.